Monday, October 8, 2012

White Bean Chicken Chili

2-3 chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 medium onion chopped
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
2 Tb olive oil
4 garlic cloves minced
1 can white beans
3 1/2 cups water

Top with cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips and cilantro as desired. (unless your on the diet, then just cilantro)

Cook onion and garlic in oil until translucent. Add the chicken, seasonings and water and boil on low for about 30 mins. Pull out the chicken and chop into pieces. Add the beans and put the chicken back in. Simmer for another 20 mins and serve.

*adapted from here

I LOVE this recipe. It's really quick and easy! I usually just use a few frozen chicken breasts, which means I don't have to remember to thaw them! 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds so yummy! I think I have every thing I need for this. If I do, it might be dinner tonight. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete