Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Diet is OVER!

Well folks, our diet has come to an end. I decided to celebrate by taking my husband out for our anniversary (two weeks late). It was nice to not have to stress or worry about anything other than gluten. Especially since the two places we went to were very educated about gluten free and very helpful and hospitable. So I got italian and some frozen yogurt without making a mess in my kitchen and without kids demanding things of me the whole time. And even better, the baby slept the WHOLE time for the babysitter, so leaving my kids was essentially guilt free as well! I really just tried to focus on enjoying my food, my comany (a cute husband), and the peace and quiet. We also had some of my family over for dinner tonight who had been doing the clean out as well, so that was a lot of fun to celebrate with them.

 I probably over did it this weekend though, because I'm feeling a little yucky. My sinuses are a little clogged and my stomach isn't awesome, but then again... I had those problems during the diet as well. So who knows! Such is my life, a constant guessing, questioning game, but I'm here to WIN! Even if it's just by trying to have a good attitude.

Anyway, to those of you who did the diet, congrats on a job well done. I know it wasn't easy, but I hope it helped some of you in some way. I know one of my friends was able to help her daughter go for more than 2 weeks with out a stomach ache, which has basically never happened! So that's great. I will begin to post some of my other, not-so-diet-but-hopefully-still-kind-of-healthy-and-definitely-gluten-free recipes. :) And hopefully I can remember to take pictures of them all!! I'm also going to work on a few goals I've made for myself in trying to eliminate some of the stress associated with food and eating. I'll let you know how it goes. Feel free to share your stories and thoughts about the diet and ways you work to mentally accept the challenges you face in this glutarded world.

No comments:

Post a Comment