Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Gluten Free Dairy Free Clam Chowder



 
 
 
This isn't the best picture but this recipe is really tasty and quite easy! Especially for being gluten and dairy free. It's not quite as creamy as some clam chowders but it's got a great flavor, especially if you use a really good ham with it. I've been meaning to post this recipe since my mom and I created it on christmas eve. It was a big hit with the family. Enjoy!
 
 
2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion chopped finely
4 stalks of celery chopped finely
3 cans of clams with juice
4 large potatoes peeled and diced
4 Tablespoons of diced ham or bacon bits
1 cup water
1-2 cups almond milk
 
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Saute the onion and celery in the oil. Add the potatoes, clams, ham water and some salt and pepper. Boil on medium heat until the potatoes are cooked through. Add the almond milk and any more salt and pepper you think it needs.
 
I served it with Pamela's Bread Mix rolls. But you could also make my mini cornbread muffins, or biscuits.
 
Also if you aren't a huge clam fan you could always use corn. Or just leave out the clams :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog!! I am so glad you are doing this. It will be helpful to so many people. I want to share it with others, I am excited to follow it. Keep the ideas rolling, girl:)

    ReplyDelete