Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Gluten Free Mini Corn Muffins


I modified a recipe found in this book. It's got some pretty good recipes in it.

 This recipe is for all you who aren't doing the clean out. You'll want this recipe, especially to go with all the soup recipes I'm going to post:)

 I personally like muffins a lot better mini, especially since gluten free tends to be a little more crumbly. The mini muffin tins give them a little bit more of a caramelized finish and holds them together better. But you could definitely make them in an 8x8 pan or regular muffin tins.

 
Gluten Free Mini Corn Muffins
 
3 eggs
3/4 C Buttermilk*
1/3 C Oil
1 1/2 C Corn Meal
1 1/4 C Brown Rice Flour Mix
1/2 C Sugar
1 Tablespoon Baking Power
1 tsp Salt
 

Preheat oven to 375. Mix eggs, buttermilk, and oil. Then add all the dry ingredients. Mix all together. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the batter into two greased muffin tins. Cook for 15 mins, or until slightly brown around the edges. Use a plastic knife to loosen from the edges of the pan after they come out of the oven. They go great with chili or honey butter.

* If you want to make them dairy free you can use 3/4 C almond milk with 2 T apple cider vinegar. I've also used buttermilk power with water when I didn't have Buttermilk.


1 comment:

  1. I will definitely have to try this as an alternative to what I have been doing which is just substituting brown rice flour into a corn bread recipe. My girls have a hard time dealing with the crumbliness....and I have a hard time dealing with the mess.

    ReplyDelete