Monday, September 24, 2012

Frittata

I make my frittata's on the stove in a large non stick pan, like my mom. You can also stick them in the oven in a oven safe pan and cook it there if you'd like.

6-8 Eggs (according to family size. About 2 eggs per person)
1/2 pound of sausage
1/2 cup Chopped Brocooli
1 onion (less if your kids get mad when they see big chunks of onion...like mine)
3-4 Mushrooms
handful of shredded Spinach
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Boil the Broccoli off to the side. Cook Sausage until almost browned, add onions.  When they are almost done add mushrooms, then add the spinach until just wilted and the cooked broccoli. In the mean time. Whisk up the eggs and salt and pepper in a small bowl. When all the meat and veggies are done turn the burner to low and add the eggs. Put a lid on it and let it cook for about 1/2 hour.


I forgot to take a picture before I took a bite out of it... I was hungry!
And those are my husbands and kids mushrooms on the side that they didn't want :)
You could add other veggies, like zuccini, yellow Squash etc if you'd rather do that than broccoli, or in addition to. I also like to add tomatoes, although my family gets mad when I do... I add them around the time of the mushrooms or spinach.

No comments:

Post a Comment