Wednesday, February 27, 2013

No Bake Energy Bites

I don't have a picture of these yet, because I  haven't made them in a while, but my friend makes them all the time for her daughters lunch. I got this recipe from my mom, who got it from a friend. (Thanks Stephanie!) :)

Makes 18-20 bites

1 C Oatmeal
1/2 C Nut Butter
1/3 C Honey
1 C  Coconut flakes
1/2 C Ground Flax Seed
1/2 C Chocolate Chips
1 tsp Vanilla

Mix in bowl.
Chill in fridge for 30 mins.
Roll into balls. (may have to get your hands a little wet, the oils in the nut butters should be resistant to the water on your hands...)
Store in air tight container in fridge.

1 comment:

  1. I make something similar to this with whey protein powder and instant dry milk and dried blueberries rather than chocolate chips. I use my protein bars for me!! Before or after a workout. It's cheaper and healthier than store-bought bars. I'm going to try these Energy Bites! Thanks

    ReplyDelete