1 can Pumpkin Puree (15 oz)
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour Mix
1/2 Onion chopped
1/2 cup Spinach chopped
3-4 Tablespoons REAL bacon bits (or you can cook up real bacon and crumble it)
- Bring a large pot of water with a little salt to boil.
- Mix the pumpkin, eggs, flour and some salt all together. (I like my dumplings a little more firm, but if you like them a little more mushy use less flour)
- Then using two spoons scoop up some of the dough, then use the other spoon to slide it off into the boiling water. Do that to about half the dough.
- Let them boil for 2 minutes. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon onto a plate
- Repeat for the rest of the dough
- In a large pan cook your onions in some olive oil until they are translucent.
- Add the bacon and spinach and dumplings. Cook until the spinach is wilted and the dumplings are a little brown around the edges.
- Stir them carefully otherwise it can turn into a big goopy mess.
|This picture does not do this meal justice, but you get the idea.|