Saturday, October 6, 2012

Citrus Chicken and Baked Acorn Squash

This recipe is thanks to my friend Stephanie! It was delicious and the kids liked it too. I actually put the chicken on top of my salad with some balsamic vinegrette dressing and it was great!

Citrus Chicken

Marinade 4-5 chicken breasts in the juice of:
1 lemon
1 lime
1/2 orange (or I just used a little orange juice concentrate)
Pineapple rind (I hade some leftover...optional)
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Marinade over night or all day.

Cook over med-low heat in a covered pan on the stove, or you could throw it on the grill as well. Serve over salad or just plain!

Acorn Squash

Preheat oven to 375
Chop acorn squash in half
Rub olive oil on top
Season with Sea Salt and Pepper
Bake for 40 minutes or until soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment