Monday, November 12, 2012

Honey Cinnamon Chex Mix

I made this up Saturday morning, and who knows there might be a better recipe on the Chex website. But if for some reason this recipes fails you let me know. Also if you are making this for a glutard make sure you use the CHEX brand, some of the off brands are NOT gluten free!

2 T Butter Melted
2 -3 tsp Cinnamon Sugar
1 1/2 Tsp Honey
Dash of Salt
4 Cups Chex
1 cup almonds, or mix of nuts
You could even add pretzels if you want.

Mix the butter, cinnamon sugar, honey and salt together. Then pour over the chex and nuts and toss to coat. Either cook in the microwave for 3-4 minutes on high, or bake in the oven at 250 for about 45 mins stiring every 15. Let cool and then serve.

Also I added some Honey Kix that I got at a discount store here. They aren't labeled Gluten Free but I've been ok with them... ?? Up to you.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds good. I just made regular Chex mix today and was wanting something sweet to make as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete