Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Favorite Cherry Apple Jello!

Favorite Cherry Apple Jello
1 8 oz. pkg Cherry Jello
2 cups boiling water
2 cups chilled orange juice
4-5 apples shredded
 
Boil water, mix in with Cherry Jello until dissolved.

Add orange juice. Place shredded apples in a 9x13 pan.



Pour jello mix over apples and make sure they are all covered so they don't brown.

Chill for several hours. Enjoy!


This recipe is brought to you by my wonderful mother. Given to her once again by my grandmother. I think my Thanksgiving and Christmas are very shaped by my mother and her mother.
 
Today I am grateful for my mother. She raised six of us kids with my dad and did an amazing job. Sometimes I feel like I can never accomplish all that she did with our family growing up. Most of my memories are all positive. I'm so grateful that I have her in my life as an example and as a source of wisdom and knowledge. I can ask her for advice or support and she is always willing to give it. But she also lets me learn on my own much of the time. I had the wonderful privlege of living with and right next door to her for three years. It was three of the best years of my life. She helped me with my kids. She provided companionship and love. We cooked together. She helped me when I had newborns. Most of all she was my best friend. I have since moved away, only 45 minutes, but I'm so glad for the relationship I've cemented with her and for the constant example she is to me of love, service, kindness, and motherhood. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment