Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies





Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free
(I also made mine corn free, and dairy free. There are no eggs in the recipe. I'll put both options on there)
Recipe from my mother, adapted by me

3 C Evaporated Cane Juice Sugar (or your sugar of choice)
3 C Pumpkin (one large can)
3/4 C butter softened
3/4 C oil (I did 1 1/2 Cups Olive oil for dairy and corn free)
4 C Gluten free flour (brown rice flour mix below)
or for those of you not "glutarded" my mom does 4 1/2 C whole wheat flour
4 C Rolled Gluten free Oats
1 T Baking Powder (see below for corn free baking powder)
1 T Baking Soda
1 tsp Cinnamon
3/4 tsp Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips (I used
"Enjoy Life" Chocolate chips)
(nuts optional)

Preheat oven to 375. Mix sugar, pumpkin, butter and oil well. Add rest of ingredients, chocolate chips last. Cook for 8-10 minutes. (I cooked mine for closer to 12 but it depends on your oven etc.)


Corn Free Baking Powder recipe
1 part Baking Soda
2 parts Cream of Tartar
2 Parts Arrowroot Starch

(I've seen so many different versions of this.... this is the one I did and it worked fine)

Brown Rice Flour Mix
6 or 2 cups brown-rice flour (extra finely ground)
2 or 2/3 cup potato starch
1 or 1/3 cup tapioca flour/starch
4 tsp or 1 1/2 tsp Xantham Gum

Depending on how big you want your mix to be. For the cookie recipe you need a big one.



No comments:

Post a Comment