Monday, November 19, 2012

Gluten Free Stuffing

Sorry yesterday I sort of took a day of rest/ it was a full day of church and another family birthday dinner. But I think I need to get this stuffing recipe up before Thanksgiving!!
Once again I'm fairly simple when it comes to cooking some of these Thanksgiving dishes. Especially because there is so much to prepare. So I don't go as far as to make th bread, the use it for sutffing. I just use the whole foods brand gluten free sandwich bread. You can even buy whole foods brand gluten free frozen stuffing bread. But I think it's cheaper to buy the bread and cut it up yourself. Just make sure you do NOT buy the light white sandwich bread because then you'll have mush, not stuffing. For those of you not near a whole foods, you might be able to try it using Udi's bread, I just haven't tried it before.

Today I am grateful for all the many options of buying gluten free food. Especially gluten free food that tastes somewhat normal!

So for the stuffing I usually just cut up a bunch of onions and celery and cook that and some garlic in some oil. Then I add that and some chopped nuts to a few cups of bread chunks. Then I pour the chicken broth over the mixture and stir. I also add seasonings generously. - Seasoning salt, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder, salt and pepper. Keep adding more broth until it's adaquately moist. Then I bake it in the oven at about 350 for about 45 mins or so until it looks brown. I know this isn't a very adaquate recipe, but I've never really written it down. I will write down exactly what I do when I make it and update it after Thanksgiving. Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment