Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me!

Since today is my birthday I decided to make myself a delicious fall treat:) Pumpkin Roll! It's one of my favorite desserts and reminds me of my dear sweet grandmother who has since passed. She was an excellent baker and cook of all things fresh and especially of all the tasty holiday goodies. So this recipe was passed to my mother and on to  me. So on that note today I'm grateful for two things, first for my grandmother. She was an example of a wonderful mother. She was organized, and dedicated to many things. She had amazing gardens, made beautiful quilts - which she quilted all my hand - and she was a great cook. She exercised and volunteered at her library. I'm so grateful for her patient loving example and hope to be somewhat like her someday.

I'm also extremely grateful for GLUTENZYME! Today of all days of course I mess up and get gluten... TWICE! (I think, or the second time was just a second wave of pain from the first... 5 hours later...?? i don't attempt to understand my body... well sometimes I do, but I usually fail.) Anyway, when I start to feel the cramping up my back and through my abdomen, the nausea without the vomiting, and the extreme fatigue I run to my cupboard and take a glutenzyme pill. Then I lay down for a while a rest, and usually after an hour or two the pain subsides and I can move on with my day! So for any of you who have severe reactions this little bottle of pills is well worth the investment. And usually I only use one every few months. But they save me when I do use them! Well enjoy this lovely, delicious pumpkin roll recipe. I will do Pumpkin pie tomorrow or the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment